Sunday, June 14, 2020

Blossoms In Bloom Calypso Coral card

I am kind of hooked on the technique of making my own background paper. If this technique is new to you, just stamp all over a piece of plain background cardstock that you want to use with different stamps in different colors.  This technique is great if you don't have any Designer Series Paper to use in a color scheme that you want to go with the card you want to make.




The stamp set used is Blossoms In Bloom from the 2020-2021 Stampin' Up! annual catalog (pg 51). 

The die cut shapes are from Stitched So Sweetly dies from 2020-2021 Stampin' Up! annual catalog (pg179).  The stamp pad colors I used are: Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso.


I ran the stamped background piece thru my Big Shot using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to a Calypso Coral card base.  For the sentiment, I cut out a shape from the Stitched So Sweetly die set twice, once in Whisper White and once in Calypso Coral.  I then cut the Calypso Coral die cut diagonally as pictured below and adhered the small pieces to the back of the whisper white die cut to give the shadow effect. 



The ribbon I used is from the Forever Greenery Trim combo pack from the 2020-2021 Stampin' Up! annual catalog (pg 161).  I then popped up the sentiment piece with Stampin' Dimensionals and put 5 Basic Pearls on the end of the ribbon.


To order any of the items used in the card above, please visit the links provided below for my Stampin' Up! store:


No comments:

Post a Comment