Saturday, August 8, 2020

Poinsettia Petals card

 I absolutely LOVE the new Holiday Mini Catalog this year!!  Oh. Wait...  The 'real' name is 2020 August-December Mini Catalog.  But it will always be 'The Holiday Mini' to me.  And I know a lot of people feel that way too.  

Anyway....  The Poinsettia Petals Suite was one of my first purchases when the Holiday Mini became available for Demonstrators to order from.  I will no doubt make a lot of cards using this suite of products.

 

 I used Real Red cardstock cut at 4 1/2" X 11" and scored and folded at 5 1/2".  I stamped the poinsettias from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set (3 different sizes of poinsettias) on Real Red cardstock using Versamark ink pad.  I then used Gold embossing powder and heat set them with my heat tool.  I did the same with the poinsettia leaves only stamped them on Garden Green cardstock.  I then die cut the poinsettia petals and green leaves using the Poinsettia dies, also part of this suite.  For the sentiment, I stamped the Merry Christmas from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set using Versamark ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and them used the gold embossing powder & heat set it as well.  I cut a strip of Real Red cardstock 5 1/4" X 1/4" for the skinny strip behind the sentiment.  The vellum piece is also from the Poinsettia Place suite of products.  It is from the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper.  There are 3 different papers in this pack and they have flocked designs and are ohhh soooo pretty!!  The vellum layer is cut at 4" X 5 1/4". When using vellum, you can't tape the vellum unless you 'hide' the tape, or else the tape will show on the front of the vellum.  So, to hide the tape, I used Stampin' Seal tape behind the flower and behind the red strip across the bottom to adhere the vellum to the red cardstock.  I then used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the flower petal layers.  I also used Mango Melody Stampin' Blend marker to color the Beaded Pearls center for the poinsettia.

I always decorate the inside of the card as well.  The inside sentiment is from the same Poinsettia Petals stamp set.  I stamped the verse in Versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder & heat tool.  Here is the inside:

The inside poinsettia was stamped with Real Red stampin' pad and the center was stamped using Crushed Curry stampin' pad. The inside poinsettia is the same stamp that I used for the top layer (smallest) of the poinsettia on the front of the card.

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world today.  If you would like to take a closer look or would like to purchase any of the items used to make this card, please click on the pictures below and it will take you to my online Stampin' Up store.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  My contact information is at the top of my online Stampin' Up store.  If you live in the United States and do not already have a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I would love to be yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment