Saturday, August 8, 2020

Framed For You color challenge

Here is a card I made for a Color Challenge. Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green & Early Espresso. These colors make a bright & cheerful card!

Card base is Granny Apple Green cut at 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" and scored & folded at 4 1/4".  Whisper White front layer is 3 1/2" X 5" and the Early Espresso mat behind the white layer is 3 5/8" X 5 1/8".

I stamped all over the front whisper white panel to make my own DSP ( Designer Series Paper = background).  I had to trim a little strip off the front panel so I thought why not attach it to the inside?  Use every little bit you can! 

 

The white layer started out at 3 3/4" X 5" and I realized it was too wide after I finished stamping my homemade patterned background so I cut off 1/4" from one side and adhered that to the inside of the card, so I didn't have to waste it.  It was just too pretty even for a little wisp of a strip.  See?  Mistakes are just unintentional design alterations! 😁  The photo below shows the strip I put along the side on the inside of the card. The inside white panel is cut at 5 1/4" X 4".

 

Stamp set used is Framed For You in current Stampin' Up annual catalog. Early Espresso die cut borders on sentiment is from Ornate Border dies also in the current Stampin' Up annual catalog. I stamped off twice on scratch paper before stamping the flowers on the sentiment piece to make it lighter and colored in the flower centers with Bronze & Light Mango Melody Stampin' Blends markers.

Glad you stopped by today and I hope you can come back soon!

If you would like to purchase any of the products I used to make this card, please click on the pictures below and it will take you to my Stampin' Up online store.   If you live in the United States and do not already have a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I would love to be yours!  Thanks!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment