Sunday, August 9, 2020

Joyful Holly CAS Sketch Challenge # 384

 I loved the Joyful Holly stamp set from the new 2020 Aug - Dec Mini Stampin' Up catalog the moment I saw it.  I loved the elegant simplicity of the holly and knew it would make fabulous 'simple' Christmas cards. 

I made this card for a Sketch Challenge - CAS(E) this Sketch # 384 HERE.  I do love a clean and simple card, even though most of my cards end up being more involved than when I first start out designing it.

This stamp set is photopolymer which means it is clear and easy to line up for the outline and fill-in stamps.  When using a photopolymer stamp set, it is advisable to use a pad or a Stampin' Pierce Mat (see links below) to give a bit of a cushion so that you will get a much better impression when stamping with photopolymer stamps. 

I only used 2 ink pad colors for this card (another great point for Clean & Simple card making).  Garden Green and Real Red.  The Joyful Holly stamp set has 2 different holly branches, a larger one and a smaller one, each with an outline stamp and a stamp with just the holly leaves to fill in the outline.  For the outline, I inked up and stamped the outline stamp in Garden Green.  For the fill-in of the holly leaves, I inked up the stamp and stamped off once on scratch paper then lined it up to stamp on the card front.  This gives a lighter color look. 

The card base is the thicker Whisper White cardstock which is great for card bases and is a sheet of Thick Whisper White cut in half in 'portrait' orientation, 4 1/4" X 11" and scored & folded in half at 5 1/2" on the 11" side.  The Whisper White panel on the card front is regular weight Whisper White cardstock and is cut at 3 3/4" X 5", and the red mat layer behind the white is cut at 3 7/8" X 5 1/8".  I used Stampin' Seal tape runner to adhere these two layers together.  You can use your adhesive of choice. I inked a sentiment from the Joyful Holly stamp set in Real Red and stamped it directly on the card front. I then put Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the red layer to give it more dimension before putting it on the card base. A very simple and very elegant card.

I also stamp something on the inside besides the inside verse.  For this card, I inked up the outline stamp and stamped off on scratch paper to give a lighter impression on the holly leaves.  I did the same for the holly berries. I stamped the inside verse in Real Red directly on the card without stamping off.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you will come back again soon!

 

If you would like to order any of the items I used on my card today, just click on the pictures below to be taken to my online Stampin' Up store and you can add them to your cart. If you live in the United States and do not already have a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I would love to be yours!



3 comments:

  1. What a great CAS Christmas card! Those are always nice for those last minute sends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz. Yes, I love clean & simple cards especially when you need to mass produce several at a time.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Love the simple cards. They seem to have a WOW all of their own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete