Saturday, August 18, 2012

Less is More Challenge week 81

This week's challenge over at Less Is More is a theme.  Tearing.  I love the look of tearing on a card!  I recently did this card (below), before this challenge was announced, but I am going to enter it anyway.  It follows the challenge and it turned out to be one of my favorite Christmas cards that I have made.




It is hard to see, but there are also small snowflakes all over the background stamped with Versamark.  It shows up better in person.  If you click on the photo, you can see the smaller snowflakes a little better.

Supplies :
Stamps: Snowflakes (PSX), Sheet Music (Stampington & Co.), Many Merry Messages (retired, Stampin Up)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Gold brad, 5 petal punch (SU), Decorative Label punch (SU) and a sponge wedge.

I love the look of the burned edges on the sheet music.  I stamped the sheet music onto vanilla cardstock and tore the edges all the way around.  Then I used a sponge wedge to apply chocolate chip ink to the edges rather heavily.  This makes the cardstock appear to have been burned.  I also pounced the sponge all over the sheet music piece to give it an 'aged' look.

I also stamped the poinsettia pieces with the music stamp after punching them with the 5 petal punch.  I then crunched the poinsettia pieces into little balls then unrolled them to give them some dimension.

For the artichoke (green) piece behind the greeting, I punched it using the Decorative Label punch (SU), the same as I used on the vanilla piece.  I stamped the green piece with the sheet music stamp as well for dimension.  I snipped the points off on either end, then I then cut the green piece in half horizontally and spread them farther apart to appear to be larger layer behind the top & bottom to give the shadow layer effect.

I also used a vanilla piece for the inside that started as a 5 1/2" X 4 1/4", tore the edges just a little bit all the way around and applied the chocolate chip ink with the sponge just like I did on the vanilla sheet music piece.  Then stamped a Merry Christmas sentiment also from the Many Merry Messages stamp set (SU) on the inside.  Here is a photo of the inside:





And there you have it!  Now, I'm going back into the craft room to create my newest little masterpiece.  LOL.
Wishing everyone a GREAT weekend!  It's going to be sunny with very comfortable temperatures here in northern Indiana.  I hope it is just as beautiful in your corner of the world!!




12 comments:

  1. As long as you hadn't blogged it before it doesn't matter when you made the card.
    Your torn panel is fantastic Paula
    Superb card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tearing works really well on your card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I was so close to using something with musical notes. Your card is lovely. I really like the distressing you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the music paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the colours.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that I'm late in visiting this week, but I have been on a wonderful cruise to Norway where I didn't have very good Internet coverage!
    Thanks so much for your lovely contribution!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Nice colours and distressing

    ReplyDelete