Sunday, July 29, 2012

My very first Challenge!!

July 29, 2012


I am going to start making cards for several card/sketch/color challenges that I find on the web.  I need to get some creative juices flowing again!  Seems I go 'great guns' for a while, then all my mojo dries up.  Is it that way with you too?  Well, I have decided that to keep those juices flowing, I need to participate in some card challenges that I have found on the web.  So, here goes .....


I have been making cards for over 10 years - off & on.  More off than on, really.  I absolutely LOVE making cards, but as you know, we don't get enough time to do what we WANT to do most of the time.  I am going to set aside some card-making time each week just so I can make some cards and do what I love.  I have an online gallery at SplitCoastStampers.com, which is a HUGE community for stampers all over the world.  LOVE SplitCoastStampers!!  I have made a lot of friends there from all over the world.  I am MrsOcean on that forum and here is a link to my gallery.  I don't know if I will keep posting to that gallery as much, now that I am beginning my blog.


So without further delay ....
My first challenge entry is (drumroll, please ... )


Less is More sketch #6 (week #78).

Here is the sketch that we have to (sort of) duplicate:








And here is my finished card for this challenge:




I used all Stampin' Up supplies:
Paper: Naturals White for base and leaf layer, Cajun Craze cardstock for accent layers.
Ink: Cajun Craze & More Mustard


I keep going to Less Is More challenge website to see if my link 'worked' being this is my first time.  And .....  by joe, I think I've got it!!  LOL


Well, my very first challenge is under my belt!  Yeah!  Look out world ... this is only the beginning!  LOL

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,
    I'm delighted that you chose us for your first very challenge entry... and it is fab! Love the colours, love the stamps, love the card!
    Here's to many more.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    We would kindly ask you to remove the Word Verification from your blog as it takes so much longer to leave comments!
    If you could visit some of the other participants to leave a friendly comment that too would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really super card love the colours and congrats in joining in your first ever challenge,see you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Paula, greta to see you here.
    Love your card, super rich colours
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for removing Word Verification
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice CAS card! Looking forward for more of your creations! Followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete