Monday, July 30, 2012

CAS-ual Friday Challenge CFC63

I've started looking for different challenges to get myself in a more creative mood and start making more cards.  I've gotten into a slump.  I want to make cards, but my 'mojo' just isn't where I'd like it to be ...  So, I went looking around the web for a few challenges to get me started.  This is what I found today ...


CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week is a color challenge, rather than a sketch or a theme.  CAS stands for Clean and Simple.  Not all cluttered up or fancy.  Lots of white space.  Very few, if any, layers.  I have trouble making 'clean and simple' cards.  Sometimes I don't know when to quit when I get started on a card!  {{Mental note:  Paula, you need to quit before your card gets all cluttered up!}}  These CAS challenges are what I need!  I hope to do a lot more of these CAS challenges in the future.







Actually, this is my second card with this color scheme.  The first card I made had a small bit of color where it shouldn't have.  No one would have probably noticed it, but I knew it was there.  So ... out it goes.  I'll cut it down as a panel and use it on a colored base one of these days.  I don't waste anything if I can help it!  This one has a couple of flaws too, but I'm done for today, so this is it.  Like it or not.  LOL.  I saw a similar card quite a while back, before I bought this stamp set that I really loved.  This is my take on it.



This was a fun color challenge.
Paper: Stampin Up - Whisper White.
Stamp set used: PTI (Papertrey Ink) Gracious Vases.
Inks: Stampin Up - Cool Caribbean (retired In-Color 2007), Lucky Limeade (In-Color 2011-2013) and Night of Navy.

I put a sheet of Amuse Studio - Bermuda cardstock behind it so the white card wouldn't be so washed out.

So there ya go!  
See you next time.  
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs to all, Paula

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, you sure have aced the CAS element from your entry with this lovely card! I really like how you used the colors and the layering is awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...this is so gorgeous!!! I love it. Great stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love all those vases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, this card is wonderful! I love your inky take on the color challenge and how beautifully you combined the vases and flowers. And the double stamped sentiment too!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Paula, this is beautiful!! LOVE how you used these vases with all the challenge colors...simply lovely:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete